I have a crush...but things are tricky because of...(not a question, just need advice)

well I still live with my LO's father. We do not talk unless its about organizing the household, figuring out difference in schedules, etc. We are friendly but we have realized that we are better as friends. But economically it we, as individuals, are unable to live separately.

I don't know about him but I have already dated a couple people, but it gets weird when I never want them to come over, like they know we live together, but it is disrespectful to bring another man to the house, in my eyes. We have agreed not to bring partners/dates home and if it were the case that it was serious and we thought it would be better to part ways we would just have to rough it alone. but for now no one has been that important..

anyway, the guy is a security guard where I work, I work graveyard, so we have a lot of alone time and so far i like what i know about him...but this is the first guy i dont want to tell about my living issue

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• you have to tell him and just explain to him that it is temporary til you can get stable and back on your feet.. explain to him that you guys have decided that you just work better together as friends and there is nothing between you guys...if any guy wants to be with you bad enough they will trust you and be glad that you are honest about it because from the way it sounds youcould very easily hide it
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• you have to tell him. this isnt"hey I have a cat and he is allergic to cats, maybe he wont catch on" this is you living with your ex, the father of your child. I think if you really like this guy, you have to tell him, and def set those boundaries with your ex too. I dont care if I was no longer in love with my SO, if we broke up and lived together i could not handle him bringing another woman home. no freakin way.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would leave it alone until you find out where the relationship is going just refer to him as your roomie do not complicate something that does not need to be so early in the finding out or discoverie phases. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• @Bearsjen

we do not bring other people home. that is why it is a hard subject to bring up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP

Yeah I guess I can bring it up in in a casual way. Like if we talk about money, just be like
    YAH ME AND MY EX STILL LIVE TOGETHER BECAUSE .....BLAH BLAH BLAH....ETC ETC
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Don't start a new relationship with a lie...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010