can you give me a list of religions that allow divorce?

gbaby01

Asked by gbaby01 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really don't know but as I see it God id very forgiving, if you need to get a divore then do it, GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• All of them, except the Catholic Church

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The Catholic Church does allow divorce in the cases of abuse or adultery. Not for the reason of I don't think I love him anymore, or we've grown apart.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am not sure but I think the others are correct on this.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The bible states that you can divorce if youre husband cheats on you.

Matthew 19:9
    9I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

From reading other things in the bible, it seems that God hates divorce but allows it when unfaithfulness enter the marriage. I think also that you can separate if the spouse is abusive, wont allow you to worship or wont provide for the family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I know that it is...challenging to get a divorce in the Catholic and Mormon churches eyes. Most others I don't think they make as big a deal out of it as those two do.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• doesn't the bible also say you have to marry the dead husband's brother? Yeah I'm not really looking to that for marriage rules!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• really anon, no one asked you to look for it or ask you to agree with it. Simply a question was asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You'll find that most Christian denominations will accept divorce at least under certain situations. And from what I know just about every other religion accepts it as well. Judaism and Islam have similar rules to those of Christianity and do tend to be stricter than most Christian denoms, but it can be done on just about any path.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Actually in Islam you can divorce and it is not strict. It is considered the most disliked allowable act but husband or wife you can divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2010