Single moms with bodies that didn't go back after pregnancy

Do you have that flabby/loose skin even though the rest of your body looks okay?

I do
I have a flabby loose skin tummy, my son is 6 months, and I have stretch marks all over my tummy
I also have them on my legs from after the pregnancy when I lost 40lbs in 2 weeks losnig too fast can cause stretch marks)

Well me and my baby's father were together for a long time before pregnancy..3years but we broke up the day before I found out I was prego and we tried but we just dont belong together so now Im ready to date. ready to put myself out there :)

I have had guys try to get with me but here's where I run into an issue, with my baby's father I didn't care that I had stretchies, or fat, he didn't care either. Now I care and i want to look like before, athletic, and I am, but things just wont get back to normal.

Does this effect your dating life? What can I do? Im so annoyed by this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i'm sorry honey but the reason you have the loose skin is because you lost the weight too quickly. mom's bodies do go back to normal if they do it at a healthy pace and 40 lbs in 2 weeks isn't a healthy pace. you can get your skin to tighten again but you need to do exercises that target those areas and also use cocoa butter on them everyday to rebuild the elastin in your skin that you lost. and anon lot's of women go right back to normal and it doesn't make them less moms because they don't have the stretched body
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It hasn't stopped a thing. And, I found the one recently. I am obese and have the stomach flab and stretch marks. He thinks I am sexy and loves me a lot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Are you trying to hide the fact that you're a mom? Every mom I know including myself has a little baby belly left over afterwards. That's just the way things are. If someone knows that you're a mom, they expect it. If some guy is to shallow to accept your belly, than he sure the heck isn't good enough for you.

Be proud mama, those are battle wounds!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I didn't want to lose that much so fast, lol I dont know but after I gave birth It just fell off, kind of gross too IMO
    Anonymous