okay. I really dont like them.

I have 2 sisters with nice bellies. haha. I knowww & I jst had a baby 6 months ago, my belly is pretty flat but my strechmarks are killing me, everytime I change in front of them, they point them out and make horrible faces. I get so angry but they are right they look pretty gross. :( makes me super sad but I dnt have words to defend myself. Is there any cream to get them off? that anyone has tried?

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You sisters sound like jerks! I would tell them to stfu and stop acting like children. I would not be changing clothes around them either.
    There is no miracle cream to get rid of the stretchmarks, but they should continue to fade over time. Good luck and slap those sisters of yours!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I hate to irk you even more with this statement but stretch marks are sooooo easy to avoid. Cocoa butter is the key, I used that special cream made from from cocoa butter that u can buy at any drug store. It is a bit expensive, but when I would run out and we could not afford more, I would use any regular body cream. You really just need to keep your skin moisturized. My SO or I would rub cream on my belly at least twice a day every day from the time I started showing and I have zero stretch marks. It irks me to hear women complain about stretch marks when they are sooooo easy to avoid. I did my research while I was prego, I wish more women would do the same.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I hate to say it but once you have them, you cannot get rid of them without major surgery!
    truthteller0722

• I'm with Sleeping Beautee on this one. Slap those sisters!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I used everything. My nurse said that I would get them no matter what, because I was so tiny. My belly streched out way more than it was sopposed to. I weighed 110 gained 9 pounds loss some between that period & had a 8 pound baby. I couldnt avoid them & I bought a 40 dlr. cream the half the size of a shampoo bottle. :(
    Kaidensmommy009

Answer by Kaidensmommy009 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well I used Cocoa butter everyday - 2-3 times a day as well. With my first pregnancy - NOT A STRETCHMARK until 2 weeks before I delivered! And I have had a total of 3 children now... and I moisturized and moisturized.... I still have stretchmarks... some women are just more prone to them... so not everyone can avoid them. I just want to make that noted. The few people that have seen my stretchmarks make the same ridiculous comment... moisturize... yada yada yada. Well IF you only knew how much cocoa butter I went thru, then people would keep their mouth shut....

Sorry...truthteller... you are so wrong on this one!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Actually, nothing will stop you from getting them and they don't always fade. It's in your genetic make-up whether or not you will get them. Nothing aside from surgery to remove the skin will get rid of them. I have bad ones, I didn't get a large belly when pregnant, and I had my son in 1996....they haven't faded at all. I used cocoa butter.....it doesn't help. @truthteller, you only didn't get them because you weren't gonna get them. cocoa butter will not prevent then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Truthteller, please tell my stretch marked belly that... I used cocoa butter several times a day and still got stretch marks. Some people are just destined to get them, I was.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP - save your money. There is no miracle cream for stretch marks. Sorry. There are some that can make them less noticable, but not get rid of them.

I was like anon :26! I have terrible stretch marks and I used very EXPENSIVE creams and lotions to prevent stretchmarks... no such luck.

It happens to the best of us honey. I would just tell my sisters to shove it. I mean, if they know how much it hurts your feelings, then why would they keep doing that to you. I would make sure they know. Then I wouldn't change in front of them again.

Hang in there!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't know what "truthteller" (ironic name) is talking about. The best way to avoid stretch marks is to avoid picking parents with them! =)
    There isn't really anything you can do, but learn to take pride in your stretch marks, because they are a badge of honor. You got them carrying your baby! I hate all of my stretchmarks, except the ones I got from pregnancy. I look at them like a trophy I wear for what I went through. I know, it sounds cheesy, but all you can do is embrace them (and smack your sisters... their time will come!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010