when you make things do you follow a pattern exactly??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I always put my own flair into whatever I make. I guess that is what 6 years of art school will do to a person. :)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i usuallly study the pattern and then add my own flare on it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Not always, it depends on what I am making. With clothes I prefer to fit the pieces to my body so they look more taliored for me. I also like to combine patterns if there are things I like about one but not another, I will mix them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I like to change things up.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• no, i like to study the patern some, know i understand it, then decide what i want to change about it. just to add a personal touch
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Usually the first time I make something I follow the pattern and see how it turns out, then subsequent times I may make a few changes. But I'm not as comfortable with sewing yet as I would like to become.

Answer by missanc at 6:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Patterns? Whoa there are patterns for stuff? What? That would make my sewing so much easier, then I may actually get the correct amount of fabric. I may have to give this a go.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The first time for something I've never made, yes. If I like it and imagine it better with some differences, then I make it MY way thereafter. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The first time around, yes. After that, I get the basics and go on my own. Same for recipes.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010