Anyone get pregnant with an IUD and if so, how did it turn out?

I just found out I am pregnant with my second child and have an IUD. The doctor wants to remove it, and there is a high risk of miscarriage if I do, but also a high risk if I don't, as well as complications during labor and problems that could cause me to not have kids in the future. So I am just trying to decide what to do. Anyone been through this and it turned out ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry to have to warn you, but my best friend just went though this. she lost the baby less than 48 hours after the IUD was removed. the chances of you carrying full term without complications is slim to none. i'm so sorry :(

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 1:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I haven't been through it, but my cousin has. I can't remember if she had the IUD removed or not (sorry I can't be much help there), but she did manage to carry the pregnancy to term, and her daughter is healthy and normal. It can be done. Good luck whatever you decide!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I was thinking about getting and IUD and this was one of my questions I asked when we were talking about it. She said that If i did get preggo, she would recommend that i keep it in. I know a few friends that carried full term with IUDs in place, and 1 that also carried full term after she had hers removed. Dont let people scare you with their horror stories, everyone has them, but everyone is different and their bodies react differently. Talk it over with your doctor and get second and third opnions. Make sure you have all the answers you need before you decide what you are going to do. GL and Congrats!!

Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My sister is due in one week,she was 6 weeks when she had it removed. She is a RN in a maternity ward and knows alot about this kind of stuff, I sure she chose the safest route, which turned out positive.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I got pregnant with the IUD in place and had it removed at about 6-7 weeks pregnant. I have a healthy happy 7 month old baby boy. He was a surprise but a blessing. Removal does have a miscarriage risk, but leaving it in place is worse. There is a higher miscarriage rate and also chances of other nasty complications if you leave it in than if you have it removed.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010