upstairs or downstairs???

I have three little ones 2, 1 and 2weeks!!! I am torn weather to move into an upstairs apartment or downstairs?? Upstairs I feel safer, but i have no clue how i would get all my kids down the stairs... Opinions please.....

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 2:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why would upstairs be safer? I'd be scared the babies would get out and fall down the stairs.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No i do not think it is safer i was just thinking i would feel safer hubby travels a lot!!! sorry should of been more clear!
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 2:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• you do not want neighbors under you....I had 3 young kids in an apt and it was easier to have a downstairs apt. and it didn't matter how much running and jumping was going on. Live on top of someone and they will always be complaining.
    Actually downstairs is safer if there is a fire..just open the windows and get out versus jumping out of a window.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would actually feel safer upstaries and because of the whole noise thing BUT because i have my little ones 3 and 2 I would choose the downstairs. If the kids were older that would be one thing but toddlers are krafty and fearless, less to worry about on the bottom floor.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would choose the bottom floor without a second thought. Safer and easier to get the kids out and in the door.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Bottom floor, for basically all the reasons the pp's said.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i always prefered the bottom floor, carrying the car seat and groceries and everything else up the steps was not somethingi wanted to doa t all! and like a pp said if one of the kids slips out the door there is the risk of falling down the steps. its a personal decision really, i dont like worrying about people under me complaining about us being to loud if the kids are running and playing, but then you will have someone above you making noise so it really a trade off on what you feel is most important...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• if you are thinking the bottom is safer for reasons of crime / breakin - think of it this way - more realistic exits if someone gets in...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• We lived in a 2nd floor apartment when our kids were 2, 3 and just turned 5. Luckily the downstairs was a preschool so they didn't notice all the noise my kids made and were only there for a few hours a day and not at all in the summer.
    The biggest problem was all the up and down carrying groceries and stuff. My kids were all big enough to use the stairs by the time we moved in but a year later we had a baby and then it was carry the baby up and go back down several times for groceries and stuff. It sucked.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• bottom floor hands down. you don't want the 1st floor tenant making your life hell over calling the management about all the ruckus your three precious ones will be making. its not fair to your kids if they have to be silent all the time.
    Anonymous