after a c section!!

I had my last c section two weeks ago exactley and im curious when did other moms start sleeping on there sides or there stomachs again??? I want to sleep on my side so bad but im kinda a chicken LOL

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 2:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• It was at least six weeks for me. But my c-section was messed up.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Sorry, I don't remember, I don't think it was very long though, especially for sleeping on my side. Does it look pretty well healed up? I was playing contact hockey again at 6 weeks.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I did at about two weeks. Try laying on your side for a little while and see how it feels. If it's not comfortable then wait a few more days to try it again. I found that tucking a pillow under my belly helped to support it and made side sleeping more comfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Use a pillow I was sleeping on my belly about 3-4 weeks after i had my DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i dont remember. but both my c-sections sucked just for the pure fact that i didnt want them n i hated recovery. i hated having to be more uncomfortable after carrying for 9 months and only wishing for comfort at nighttime again after giving birth, but didnt have that. Tho my friend was a freak of nature. Literally 1 day after having her 2nd c-section she was up and about, still at the hospital and when i visited her she was moving around and sitting and getting up and even laying out on her side like it was nobodys business and as if she had no c-section. i was truly amazed. had i not seen it with my own eyes i would not have believed it. she literally looked as if she had zero pain.
    NathansMommy218

Answer by NathansMommy218 at 6:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't remember having an issue about sleeping on my side or stomach. I did wait until the staples came out before trying anything. You just have to try it when you're comfortable.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't remember any issue at all with side sleeping. If you feel OK and it doesn't hurt, do it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Gosh, I think I slept sitting up for the first 2 weeks. Laying down at that point would have been quite painful, but sitting back up would have been agonizing! I think it was a good month before i could even sleep in my bed again. My bed is pretty high and couldn't climb up on it. I slept downstairs in the oversized chair which made life easier, because it has a oversized ottoman. I could sit down and then hubby would slide the ottoman over so I didn't have to climb back on it. I DO NOT miss those days!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I was sleeping on my side in the hospital the day after my sections. I can't sleep an entire night on my back. I just had to be careful getting to my side and used some pillows to get comfy.
    Don't remember when I could comfortably sleep on my stomach again. Probably a couple of weeks. I would lie on my side and slowly roll to my stomach and judge how much it hurt.
    I was basically back to doing normal things 2 weeks after each of them. I didn't have a choice with other kids at home and my husband working. I had no help after my c-sections. Heck with the last one (#4) I left the hospital at 3 days pp and went home and did the dishes and cleaned the bathroom. A week later I cooked Easter dinner.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It was close to two weeks before I did so.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2010