Pre school graduation gift?

Do you get your children a gift for them graduating pre school or maybe take them to their favorite place for dinner? If you did, what did you do and where'd you go? My son is graduating on Friday

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bought my daughter a present when she graduated preschool. I bought her a small toy and a personalised book. She LOVES the book with the story about herself.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• err no. its PRE SCHOOL. LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No. The party that the school had following their "graduation" was sufficient enough. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• no,I think gifts for small accomplishments are silly and unnecessary. I believe they expect a celebration for every little thing they do. you celebrate high school graduation and college graduation.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think you should celebrate milestones with your child. Its not small or trivial, its something to be proud of and will encourage them to excel in school. Children work well with a praising system, I would suggest a restuarant of their choice. Be sure at the table, to tell them how proud you are of them and take a photo of your family for them to keep in a frame on a dresser. Be sure to let your waitress or waiter know so they can bring them a dessert and it will make your child feel so proud of themselves. Trust me, it works for my step daughter that has very bad ADHD. Only celebrate milestones, and dont go overboard with presents, but go nuts with the praise. God Bless and tell the graduate GREAT JOB!
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• NO! They did good, but school will acknowledge that, and you don't want them to expect something every thime they do what they are supposed to!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No. I remember letting my son choose his lunch. He chose Sponge Bob Mac and Cheese. My husband and I both stayed home from work, so that made it a special day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My son's preschool didn't have a graduation. Not for Kindergarten either. He will be graduating from middle school on Friday and we will be going to lunch afterwards.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010