too blonde!!!!

I went to the salon Saturday and got my hair done. When I left I thought it was a little lighter than I wanted but I told myself it was the lights. When I got home however I realized it is wayyyyy too light. I don't know what to do. Should I go back to the salon? Will I have to pay the stylist again? Should I do it myselft?

rlhall1980

Asked by rlhall1980 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• if it's not what you wanted you should get your money back or have them redo it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If you're not happy with the color you have every right to go back IMMEDIATELY and request that she correct the color. She could add low-lights to darken or do an all over semi-permanent color that will not be as harsh as all-over coloring to give your hair a break--for a few weeks until it is safe to color it again.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Give it a few days and see if it "calms down". Blondes can darken slightly over time. I wouldn't be correcting the color for a week anyway.Coloring again so soon can seriously damage your hair.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You can go back and have them fix it and no it shouldn't cost anything or you can go buy a Roux rinse and tone it down

Answer by admckenzie at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Its important to communicate your needs to your hair dresser. Give her a polite call, and let her know it didnt turn out the way you had hoped and she if she offeres to fix it...be cordial, you dont want to burn a bridge. Good luck and be sure to wash it alot and put a Roux color stripper on it, although it may turn your hair gray, beware.
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Wrong answer - Bleached hair does not calm down after a few days. Bleached blondes do not darken over time. You can color immediately after lifting with bleach.
    Chances are you just need a different color toner and that can be done the same day. A toner will even out the color, remove any brassy color, and take away the brightness if it's too light.
    Call the salon and tell them the color is just too light for you - they will usually correct it at no charge to you.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010