Is it a growing trend for girls to say that they are bisexual? I'm seeing and hearing about more and more girls ages 13-15 openly admitting that they are bisexual.

Some make comments on their facebook/myspace that they like "chicks and dicks. I find this rather disturbing and wonder why this is going on. Why do you think this is going on.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 7:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i find that disgusting because i'm a real bisexual. i've been in relationships with women and i've been in relationships with men. i'm attracted to both. it's true though, a lot of little girls will say that to seem more attractive to guys and it makes real bisexuals look bad
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think this generation is very open minded and leave their options open. I think it's honest since at that age most kids have no clue about their sexuality. They are probably just curious. Of course they may post it to drive their parents nuts when they read it!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I agree with PP. I think they do it to seem more attractive to guys. And maybe they think it's cool for some reason. Like they think it's cool to be 15 and having sex.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• its going on because parents are NOT BEING PARENTS and not monitoring thier childrens activities online. they think it makes them look COOOOOL but it makes them look like little kids playing adult games . the parents need to actually step up and BE PARENTS.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think it is just a trend. They think it makes guys hot to see them kissing other girls. I have 3 nieces that all played this up in high school and college. Eventually they all got married to boys and had children. You see the girl on girl fakery all the time. Just last night sandra bullock faked a girl kiss on the MTV music awards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• This generation is open minded and experimental, doing so to find their true identity, I see nothing wrong with this.

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think they want to fit in. I will try my best for my daughter to be a leader and not a follower. I myself never did what everyone else did. My parents were lucky. lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Being Catholic, I find it very disturbing! This culture thinks it is sexy! I think it is a sin, and the "fame " a girl gets from this is dangerous! Good luck to anyone dealing with this!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• 1. Kids are more open minded now days which is a step forward (and usually means a step back somewhere else!)
    2. I better never catch my daughter making vulgar comments like that on a public forum! Be gay or bi or whatever, but when you flaunt it its TRASHY & gives it less meaning.. conversation w/ friends is different than putting a trashy billboard on your Myspace / facebook!
    3. More kids are not Bi, they are just talking about it more, expressing more because of #1... Use to anyone had to worry about getting beat up, or loss of friends..
    4. I think most of them want the attention, are going through a phase or something & most will marry opposite gender... TRUE gays/bi really dont want it flaunted around!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• A lot of them probably ARE bisexual. It's a new age, and more people are not afraid to express who they are sexually. It's not disturbing to me, it's wonderful! I remember being young and the bad feelings I had because I felt like I couldn't tell people that I was bisexual, I couldn't allow myself to be who I was, for fear of persecution, rejection, etc. That being said, 15 is WAY TOO YOUNG to be talking like that, online or elsewhere, regardless of if their talking about "chicks" and/or "dicks". So it's good and it's bad.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2010