gross cleaning question

So. hypothetically speaking of course (because of course this would never happen to me lol!), what would you do if, hypothetically, you discovered that your cat had puked on a small rug in your guest bedroom and you didn't discover it until it was all dried up? How can I (oops I mean how COULD I, hypothetically of course!) clean it? Thanks!

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 8:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Professionally speaking (professional mum of three boys and a houseful of animals, that is) I would scrape up the dried stuff, vacuum up the crumbs (ew) and then I would use carpet cleaner. Or, if you're me, I'd use the steam cleaner. :) And it's not really gross... I frequently stumble over messes that no one told me about. It's not pleasant.. Just a part of life as a mom.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Dry clean it, throw it in the washer, or steam clean it, if it doesnt clear up the stain, toss it....its life, its not gross.
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Clean up as much of the solid stuff as you can, then spot clean it with Nature's Miracle (in the pet supply store, like a Petco or PetSmart). The natural enzyme action of the Nature's Miracle will "eat" the stain & any odor it may leave behind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• our cats puke all over our house all the time...one even did it last night. We had to buy a steam cleaner so we can clean our carpets every month. Usually i let it dry then pick it up and spot clean it. It is nasty...but they are my dh's babies and i just have to deal with it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have three cats and it happens to me from time to time. Just remove the mess you can, vacuum, and spot clean. Vomit doesn't usually require Nature's Miracle (poop definitely does,) but if the regular carpet cleaner doesn't work, go to a pet supply and buy some.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'd throw it away!! hypothetically lol

It happened with my dog and my daughter's PJs
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• brush off the dried stuff and spot clean.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Woohoo thanks anon!

(I cringed at first when I saw an anonymous answer - I thought for sure some CafeMom mom had found a way to be obnoxious even about cat puke LOL!!!! You know how it is in the Answers section!!!!!!)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Hypothetically THROW OUT THE CAT!!!! LOL
    Seriously just kidding
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 1:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Laundry mat!!!!!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010