Do your kids watch classic movies?

Like the Wizard of Oz? Or like old old Disney movies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yeah! My daughter LOVES the Wizard of Oz. As for Disney movies, she loves the Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp and all the rest but these two are her favorites!
    I love her watching movies I used to love as a kid. They were so much better back then!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• family tradition!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• how about it's a wonderful life? that was one of my daughter's favorite movies at age 5. she also loved breakfast at tiffany's (which i've never seen) at 11
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes....my 21 y/o still loves to watch "The Little Mermaid," which was her favorite movie when it first came out. My 18 y/o is more into the 80's movies that I watched as a teen like "The Breakfast Club" and "Weird Science." My 16 y/o loves to watch "The Wizard of Oz" each year, "Mary Poppins," a lot of the Disney classics, and a lot of the 80's movies, too. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My kids like Wizard of Oz. For our movie night last night, we saw Lady and the Tramp. I love Netflix.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 23, 22, 19 and 18yo's grew up watching classic TV shows and movies. They know who James Cagney, Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, Gene Kelly, The 3 Stooges, The Little Rascals, etc. are.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• not yet b/c she's only 2, but she will! i was raised w/ all sorts of classic movies and they are great! i cant wait for my DD to be old enough to enjoy The Court Jester, Father Goose or the "Road To ..." movies.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My son has watched those, but, his big thing is that he is trying to watch all the Cult Classics.

http://www.filmsite.org/cultfilmsew.html                 Harold and Maude is one of his favorites.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Sure. They watch whatever. Yesterday I was watching Father Goose (Cary Grant movie from the 60s). My 7yo was really into it.
    They've watched stuff like that with me before.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2010