Can an ablation mess up your hormones?

I got this done about 14 wks ago, and its like every other week I have a "period" my breasts hurt, i do cramp alil and i do bleed but not heavy. I"m moody and depressed, fatigued but cant sleep without help. I am planning on calling my doctor, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has been through this, I just feel alone

GothicMama

Asked by GothicMama at 8:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• I had an ablation done in October, and I've had wonderful results. I think my hormones were pretty screwed up for a while, so my face broke out and I was bloated sometimes. I had some spotting here and there in the beginning months after I had it, but I haven't had a period or anything for the past few months. I felt like it took a while for my body to even out, but overall I had very few complaints and I'm thrilled that I had it done. What type of ablation did you have? I had HTA done. If you want a great source of information, try this site: http://endometrialablationboard.yuku.com/  There are lots of women there who had different types of ablations done. Some had it done recently, but a lot of them had it done quite some time ago and they have great advice. Good luck.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010