it's been awhile so please no bashing

how long before a period can implat bleeding accur. i just passed a little blood but it wasn't enough to put on a pad or tampon. i feel like i am about to start but that's all. my husband and i had unprotected sex 3 times after i ov'ed so i understand i can be i just want to know about when the bleeding happens. thanks

eva123

Asked by eva123 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it varies for all women...I've read 6-12 day after ovulation. I'm 5 1/2 wks prego and I never had implantation bleeding at all.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If you had sex AFTER ovulation than chances are you are NOT pregnant because the egg dies within 12 hours usually and the cervix closes. If you had sex before you ovulated than you could be pregnant. Implantation bleeding can happen any time after 5 days past ovulation and can continue through out the first trimester.
    Anonymous