When you took your driving test what were the things that you messed up on?

I know that many of us took our driving test ages ago but I am just now going to take mine on Wednesday. And yes I am 25 and just now getting my license. I am so nervous to take the test and I dont want to fail. So what sort of things did you do wrong on the test? I just want to get an idea of what their making sure I do so that I can try and make sure I do those things right! Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Be careful on the right hand turns. When my husband took his test at 32, he made too sharp of a right hand turn and hit the curb. The guy who tested him told him right away. When I took mine at 21, the guy didn't tell me what I did wrong but I remember getting points off. I even remember getting points off on something he didn't tell me to do. I think it was parking uphill and not responding accordingly. But I didn't park uphill or downhill so it was weird.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Make sure to watch the traffic signs seems simple but when your nervous you might miss one.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I never had to take the test at the DMV. In our state if you want your license at 16 you HAVE to take driver's ed at a school which is what I did and I passed the written and driving portions with a high enough grade to get a pass on the DMV test. I just went in and got my license.
    Anyway...that was, gosh, 17 years ago, lol. I remember after my 3rd road day the guy told me that I had trouble changing lanes (which I knew, I would unconsciously take my foot off the gas when I looked over my shoulder) and had trouble with left turns. There was no parking during the driving portion (yay). We did all that in the parking lot on the little course in the parking lot at the school. I passed the class easily.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I screwed up on parallel parking and 9 years later I still can't parallel park. My sister didn't stop at railroad tracks and failed, there was no stop sign at the tracks. The administrator said she should have known to stop at them.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Oh, I passed even though I couldn't parallel park and my sister passed her test the next week. With my test I didn't have to drive on the road, my sister did.
    matthewscandi

• I took it in a stick shift car and failed twice because they said I didn't shift smooth enough. The third time I borrowed someone else's car for the test and passed.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I took my first test a couple months after my 16th birthday. Big mistake! I was in no way prepared to drive although I thought I was. My first test went like this...SLOW DOWN, OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST HIT THAT CAR! I was told to bring her back to the testing site immediately. I bumped the car in front of me while parallel parking, oops. I brought her back crying my eyes out. When my dad saw me crying he flipped out on the lady and started cursing her out. I didn't tell him I hit a parked car until AFTER we got back in the car LOL.

My second test, I was prepared for, but for some odd reason all these animals kept running out in front of me. I ran over 1 squirrel and 2 rabbits. All within a 5 mile drive. I failed even though I drove properly. Guess he didn't like that.

Third time, passed with flying colors! No hitting parked cars, no making road kill!!

Try to stay calm & confident. Good Luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• At the start of it, I tried to go with the parking brake still on.

I completely bombed my parallel parking.

I rolled through a stop sign.

Yet, I still passed! LOL I think the guy could tell how nervous I was. My dad said my face was green right before leaving.

Anonymous

• I ran a red light! I turned right on red, but didn't come to a complete stop lol. Still passed
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I failed the first time because I hit a cone while parallel parking. I had no excuse. Where I live you can go and practice there when they are closed. My driver's ed teacher took me numerous times, explained where I should be looking, where the car should be pointed in order to do it. I was so nervous I missed it. Got it on the second time though.
    Funny story to add - My friend never really had to take hers. When she was parallel parking (which is the first thing you have to do) the young delivery boy from the next door chinese restaurant ran right into the front of her car with his bike. The officer taking her out for her test just passed her after that.
    Anonymous