Should I keep trying or let it go?

I've posted before about a friend who has been going through a lot of problems and how I've tried to help her but she doesn't want to seem to help herself. A mutual friend of ours has also tried to help her. This mutual friend and I were discussing the other day that we feel as if this friend is blowing us off. She's not returning our phone calls or emails or posting on our FB pages. This has basically happened out of the blue, in the past month. We don't know what to think. I would think after all the things we've done for her, she would at least TALK to us or send us an email. Should we keep trying to find out what's up with her or not bother anymore? Here's the question I asked before, just for a little background.http://www.cafemom.com/answers/413561/What_do_you_do_about_a_friend_who_has_problems_that_doesnt_seem_to_want_to_help_herself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• You CAN"T help someone that doesn't want it. Let it go. All your going to do is make yourself crazy, she will continue being a wreck, and eventually your friendship will be over anyway. She needs to figure it out and come to you for help when (if) she realizes the problem.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Leave her alone and let her make her own decisions. You offered advice and support. She chooses not to heed it so let it go.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• let it go. and if she wants to be your friend she will. sometimes people dont want help, they just want to know someone is there to talk to about their problems.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• she probably is tired of you treating her like a child incapable of making her own decisions and judging her. why don't you try being a friend and be available to support her emotionally. it doesn't mean you agree with her, it means you stop trying to force her to do things the way you think they should be done. if she asks your opinion be honest. if she shares things with you and doesn't want your opinion, let her know you care but you think she is hurting herself and would rather not discuss if she is not willing to listen to your opinion, which is possible to provide without making demands or judgements.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Hey figaro, I have not judged her nor have I been treating her like a child. I haven't even called her in weeks and when I HAVE talked to her, I have holes in my tongue from biting it. You're the one who is being judgemental about a situation you know nothing about. The last time I called her, I left a message that only said hello, just wondering how you were, and give me a call.
    Anonymous