Marriage and kids?

If you get married, are you supposed to/have to have kids according to your religion? I see many people in other question say that same sex relationships are wrong because they can't procreate. So does this mean that everyone in a opposite sex relationship has to procreate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• it doesnt mean its wrong because they can't but imagine a world with men only being with men and women only being with women. There wouldnt be one.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't think you "have" to but I think you should. or adopt

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The excuses for their fear and hatred are just ridiculous, aren't they? Very similar to the whole "children need a mother and father" argument. Because single parents due to divorce, death or abandonment never happen in their world...
    Anonymous

• I don't think you "have" to but I think you should. 

Why?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• what about all the infertile couples?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The Bible does say that "children are an heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is his reward." It further says "Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them." We are also told as Christians to replenish the earth. So, I think it was God's intent that married couples have children with the further intent that we are to train them in His ways and thus propagate the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. There were barren couples in Scripture, if you recall, but that also was for the purposes of God. The problem today is that man has decided to be his own God, make his own rules, and try to make the Word of God fit into that mold. Being unable to conceive a child used to be considered a curse. Today, too often it seems that having a child is a curse, and that is never going to be a good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Anon#2 Wow Really!?!

So people who don't have the personality to be parents should adopt if they get married? Old people who remarry after their kids are grown; should they adopt too and start over?

Where do these crazy ass ideas come from? Children are not a requirement for marriage! Nor should they be!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The fact that gay couples can't procreate is a small side issue as to why it's considered wrong. & I agree with Anon 10:29 on the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well, first off, I am married, but my children are being raised by parents of two very different religions. So that just doesn't come in to how and when we have kids. Secondly, I don't think same sex couples or marriage is wrong. Same sex couples CAN have kids, they just can't have their own kids. That doesn't mean they can't be a blessing to the millions of parentless and unloved children out there who need them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I believe that Marriage has no requirement except what the 2 married people choose to place on each other. My only requirement of my husband are
    1. No hitting
    2. No cheating
    3. No drugs, excessive drinking, or smoking
    4.treat me as an equal
    5. if you are not in love leave, do not stay out of obligation.

Having a child is not one of my requirements (though i do have a four year old ) and never would be. Saying that 2 people who love each other must be able to have a child is rediculous if love, trust and commitment are there i don't think it matters what sex, religion, or class a person is from.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010