can I leave out cinnamon for zucchini bread?

It seems to be a main ingredient in most of the recipes i have found. SO is allergic to cinnamon so i want to avoid it...but will the bread taste good without it? can I replace it with nutmeg?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think it would be perfectly fine substituting nutmeg. That & the cinnamon are just seasoning elements. The sugar is where the bulk of the flavor is gonna come from, so I would think as long as you have that, it should be good.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• probably. i'm sure it will still be really good.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• oh ok thanks! yes I can see how the cinnamon or nutmeg would make the bread perfect for autumn or winter.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger.....maybe a little bit of each, would taste good in zucchini bread.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I agree with the other moms, nutmeg, cloves and ginger are all good spices in baked goods if you can't do cinnamon.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You could Google for a savory zucchini bread...maybe one with cheese instead.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2010