Do you think Cleavage is appropriate for teachers at a middle school?

I just went to drop off my nephew at a middle school “round up” day to get kids acquainted to their new school. There were four teachers registering the kids and two of them had pretty deep cleavage. Then they would bend down and hold their tops so as not to show too much. Well it takes two hands sometimes to fill out the forms or something and the one teachers blouse is hanging way down. I know I got an eyeful, just think of the 6th grade boys! I am sure they are intrigued. Or the 6th grade girls learning that this dress is OK.

Does this seem inappropriate to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Very inappropriate... teachers should have a strict dress code as well as students
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No and it's why so many teachers get themselves in trouble. We just had two locally go to prison for having sexual encounters with young students. These women are screaming for attention. Too bad they choose their targets (for attention) in these young boys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think it will definitely distract the early teen boys. In class! I agree, there should be a dress code with minimal cleavage, skirts to the knees and keep it professional!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• That sort of dress is inappropriate in every profession, but most certainly in education!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Very much so. It should not be done anywhere but especially not in schools. They are around children all day. I can't imagine why they think it's appropriate to do that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't see an issue. Cleavage is not nudity... And breasts are not something that need to be hidden... If she had a tube top or bra top on, I could see that as inappropriate, but showing some cleavage is not a bad thing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Sabrina,

It is not just the normal cleavage, but teachers are pretty active. She is bending down etc and you can see about 3/4 of her boob. The other teacher was not much better, but had smaller boobs.
    Anonymous

• it depends on the outfit it may or may not be inappropriate
    marisab

Answer by marisab at 12:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i think this is asking for trouble and not appropriate dress for teachers.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Not appropriate at all. Then again, in high school one of the nuns wore bright colored tops with short black skirts and lacy black pantyhose. And she was like 50 - my mom almost died when she asked me who that lady was and I said that's my music literature teacher, Sister Carmella. :)
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010