what would you do if you didn;t have money for the rent and couldn't afford a loan??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Start selling things in my home. Electronics, movies, kitchenware, clothing. I've been there, you will make it don't worry. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Op here this year has been really rough for some reason we've always been ok and made do but lately with how much food isand that gas went up and the economy sucks...idk what on earth to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• that's pretty much where we are. between a rock and a hard place. it sucks. ALL our bills are late, and when dh gets paid we have priorities and some things are just not going to get paid this week either.
    Anonymous

• Get a job, if you have a job, get a better paying one, or, pick up a part time job to supplement what you're already making & eliminate every single unnecessary expenditure in your budget. Get rid of cable/ satellite, cell phone,etc. don't buy cigarettes, beer/ other alcohol, don't buy lotto tix, junk food, quit eating out, eliminate anything other than necessary living expenses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP I had a job working at walmart but I could not deal with the way I was being treated it was stressing me out to no end so I quit and have been job hunting for something different but here in Utah (which I didn't realize until after I quit) jobs are really scarce and I have nothing to sell that would come close to paying my rent. it's $900 that's how much rent is here for a 3 bed place which I have to have cuz dd is 13 and ds is 12 and other ds is7 2 beds wouldn't work plus it's illegal to rent like that..my internet is free cuz my mom had an add on plan.....grrr that leaves cable and my kiddos driving me bonkers lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• SO and I have been very late on bills in general lately. it sucks. we have wonderful understanding landlords. They slap us with a late fee if we don't mail out rent by the 15th of every month. As long as they get a check before the beginning of the next month they don't complain. It's been hard mailing it out on time. We are a one income family so we try to make ends meet the best we can. SO has made some money on the side lately so that's been helping us.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I live in utah too. there is a couple things you can do. sale stuff you don't need even the little things. If you go to church as you bishop, pastor for help. There is an emergency help plan h pay rent its at WFS and all you need is a paper saying that your rent is late and they pay 400 if your right and you pay the rest. My husband lost his job and after paying bills with savings we were still behind on rent and I called everyone for help.
    Anonymous

• Stop eating so much. Seriously. That is how poor people survive. It is up to us as neighbors to help out in this crisis. I am sorry you are going through this. Ask all your friends for a ten dollar gift. Most of them know you and will help if they feel they can or should.
    Anonymous

-------------------------

This is the best answer. Cut back on food items as well. Ready made 'food' and junk (like hotpockets, etc) is more expensive. You may have to go without, but your rent will be paid. Another thing is when we get our tax refund, we ALWAYS pay bills with it, while other people we know, go for the newer phones, televisions, cars, etc. We pay up bills, rent. We never get to spend it like we *want* to, but life is not of only things we want, but, guess what, our bills are paid :-) I wanted a new television, but we don't need it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Call the landlord and ask for a few extra days to get it together. If you don't have any income then start selling stuff!! Call family and friends, take small loans from a few different people. Again, if no income coming in its hard to know how to answer this. I have an income and occasionally have had to ask for a few days to wait for a paycheck.
    Anonymous