Homemade babyfood

What are some veggies that I could steam and smash or purée for my 5mth old dd? She eats really well from a spoon already but jar food seems to constipate her so I'm feeding her prunes on a regular basis...no bashing that she's already getting food please...she doesn't get alot and I started bc she was intrested and she could put stuff in her mouth and the toungr rflex Was gone. Thanks in advance for any advice

maddie12284

Asked by maddie12284 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sweet potato, carrots, squash, pear (I know... not a veggie, but it's good to steam and mash fruits like these for beginner eaters).....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• in addition to above: peas, green beans, apples, peaches. You can feed her avocado and banana without cooking it, just mash it up.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Any veggie and any fruit. It's fine. You don't have to puree it, just mash it or be sure the pieces are small enough to gum. I don't fuss. My baby started at 7/12 months when she really could manipulate food with her tonuge. I just give her bits of whatever fruit or veggie I'm eating--they don't digest solids that well anyway so I see no need to go all out and waste energy. That includes giving her asparagus, by the way. Obviously, its a bother to puree food, I started with some fork mashed bits, but she can handle small chunks quite well and she enjoys moving the food around with her tongue. I also allow her to self feed if I don't mind the mess. I just get her naked and eithe rput her on a washable floor mat or in a high chair (self feeds is the only time she's in it) and give her soft butter nut squash or pears etc. to squash to her hearts delight.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• wholesomebabyfood.com
    Anonymous

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010