6/6/10 took a ept certainty test came back positive, mom took othre test with a neg! some advice

my mom bought a set of ept certainty tests she took one a week ago with a neg. then yesterday we both took one, they were the last ones in the box. mine came back pregnant hers came back not pregnant. She told me that mine could be a digital error. i know i gotta get a blood test to be sure but some advice for now would be awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 11:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• EPT's are pretty accurate. MOre likely to get a false negative than a false positive
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Wait a few days then take another hpt. I had a negative test once, but thought for sure I was pregnant. 2 days later I retested and got a positive.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Ok so you both took tests? She got a negative twice and you got a positive? Or did you get a negative at first and then a positive? You can test negative and then get a positive.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• my mom bought a box of 3 tests she tested negative a week ago then yesterday i came over and took one and got a positive, then when i left she took the last one and got another negative and shes saying mine could be a digital error.
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 11:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• So both you and your mom might be pregnant? She might not be but you might still be pregnat even if your mom isn't. Also if your urine is too dilluted it will show a false neg b/c there won't be enough hormones in the urine. I say try again with fmu.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I say you are pregnant and she is not. Just because she tested negative twice doesn't mean yours is not positive. Why would she say yours is wrong when it was your pee and not hers?
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I dont know why she is saying it could be wrong. It sounds like you are pregnant
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i went to birthchoice yesterday and i am prg :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 11:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• "one in four women misread a home pregnancy test" that commercial was made for you honey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• its not that i misread it, it was that my mother thought the test could be wrong. How can you misread a digital test? I was just asking for opinions. thanx for being rude very much appreciated!<3 &+ I am pregnant so quit being mean and grow up.
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 2:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010