Do you have any gift suggestions for young ladies?

I have a very dear friend who has 2 daughters and I have 3 daughters....all around the same ages.
When her oldest daughter graduated high school, mine was graduating, too, so I didn't send any money in her cards because I knew my friend would just put the same amount in my daughter's card.
Well, her younger daughter and my middle daughter just graduated this past Saturday from high school and she sent her a card with $20 in it and I feel embarrassed because I sent her daughter only some cards, but no money or gift.

What I would like to do now is send a "thinking of you" or a "happy summer" gift to each of her daughters who are young ladies (21 and 18), but don't know what to send, order, or mail long distance.

What suggestions do you have for me?

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 11:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love to give a beautiful pen and journal to young ladies. A special place for them to put the thoughts that someday they'd like to remember. I also think though that a gift card, or cash are always appropriate, young adults always need money, movie tickets, and restaurant gift cards to go out with their friends.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Oh, what about scrapbooking supplies, to start a scrapbook of their summer...or the next phase of their life. Digital keychains, or photo frames are nice when you can find them affordably.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• small tool kit with screwdriver, pliers, hammer, tape measure, glue, and a few different sized nails, screws, and picture hangers (maybe some poster tack also if they are living in a dorm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• These are pretty good ideas!

Any others please?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Gift cards for businesses where they attend college.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010