Do you handwrite any letters to anyone?

I send a handwritten letter to my dear friend about 3 or 4 times per year. They are usually 5 or 6 pages long and my hand cramps up so it takes me all day to write one because I have to take breaks, but we have always preferred to handwritten letters rather than typed ones.
She doesn't have a computer or cell phone so email and texts are out.

I'm just wondering if handwritten letters are a thing of the past or if they are still being done. If you still send letters that you have written by hand, will you let us know?

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 11:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do. I love handwritten letters. I think they are something special to give or receive, and cherish the ones that I have from friends and family. Sometimes when I have something to say, or a special story to tell someone, I'll write them a letter.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes, I do not as often but I do once in a while.

Only for family and friends. Everything else I type and sign.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• When I send Holiday cards or Birthday cards I always write long note. Other than that I don't.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

I think it is more sincere, when you write it your self in your handwriting.

Only for family and friends.

Everything else I type and sign.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes I do, I also hand write on my journal which I use for therapeutic reasons, it is wonderful to write out your thoughts and hurts on paper!

Answer by older at 11:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Not anymore.  I used to when my (then) love interest (now) dh and I were courting.  It was 1986 and he lived in England and I lived in Canada.  Hand written letters and expensive overseas phone calls were our only options.  We still have all those letters.  I haven't thought of them in years,  I'll have to get them out and read them again.

I have to say that I love modern technology.  Last night my dh texted our daughter in her room to tell her dinner was ready lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:38 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I do! I write to my sister. She has email, sometimes, but it's unreliable, due to where she lives. I still love to go pick out pretty stationary and cards so I can write pretty letters.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am so pleased to hear this from so many of you! I really didn't expect so many positive comments about handwritten letters or notes.
    I have saved every single one that I have received, which has been a lot over the years from my dear friend and quite a few from my Grammy who died last year. They tell stories over the years that mean so much to me personally and emotionally. I save special cards, too.
    Thank you all so much for responding.
    {{Hugs}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'm a writer, and even things that I write for publication I prefer to write by hand, then put them on the computer during editing. Especially fiction. I save all of my manuscripts.......there's something about the flow of a pen on paper that I find very sensual and creative.......a nice pen and paper for me......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2010