SAH KIDS vs DAYCARE or PRESCOOL KIDS

k so i was at a kid's bday party sat & the kids that went to prescool were acting out and not minding their moms...while the kids that sah with mom were minding...do you think it's because the preschool kids aren't around their mom enough to take them serious?

not saying ALL daycare kids are bad.. just the 4 i was around

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is different lol... I do have to admit though, my ( SAH) kids do listen and act well in public, and my friend who has kids in daycare are horrible acting) ..... I do know some other SAH kids who act badly as well...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I doubt there is a connection. My older kids went to daycare and I've stayed home with my littler ones, but they've all listened well. I know some daycare kids who are well behaved and some who don't mind anybody, and same is true of kids with stay at home parents.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:33 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• What about if they only go to preschool part time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No, I don't think that's the reason. A mom can have control either the kid stays home with her or goes to preschool. A mom doesn't have to be spending the WHOLE day with her kids in order for them to take her seriously. My daughter was in daycare since she was 18 months old but she listens because THAT'S THE RULE. Moms who can take control can do it weather the kid stays home with her or goes to preschool.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I've noticed this with some kids. I've also seen the opposite. I think it totally depends on the time they are with their mom. With the kids acting up that I have noticed and known what their home life was like, it was the same whether the mom worked or not. There was no real time spent with the kids and they were left to do whatever they wanted. I am leaning toward the quality of time mattering a lot.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No, I think that the pre school kids are just used to play time with other kids and the home schooled kids are probably more timid. Honestly, in my sons play group, the homeschooled kids (mine included although he is not old enough for school yet) are awkward and weird and cling to their parents more. I want him to run screaming and play well without being the weird kid, so we are going to put him in daycare a few hours a day about 2 days a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Maybe it has to do with more exposure to other kids who don't listen and act out. I feel like my DD listens a little less and breaks rules more since she started kindergarten. She was always a VERY well behaved kid (honestly, she still is so good) who almost never broke the rules and was always a good listener. She never went to preschool or daycare. Now she still is a perfect angel at school but she is pushing it more with us. I really feel like hers is because of the other kids she is around now.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My sister's kids don't go to daycare or preschool and they are terrible. My kids are in daycare/preschool, and they are MUCH better behaved. I think it has to do with our parenting styles and our kids personalities more than the number of hours we are together...unless you take into account she spends so much time with her kids that she igonres them and lets them do whatever they want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

•  

throwing up

To your question

just sayin....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Interesting you made the correlation between SAH kids and daycare kids.Were they all blonde or brunette?Single parent families vs married parents?male vs female?Private vs public preschool, which church they go to...You can make the argument with any criteria I guess. I think the behavior of each child is determined by what is expected of them at home. What they are taught as to whom they need to show respect for.Parents can take full responsibility for each of their children.After 25 years of daycare, preschool, SAHM, and homeschooled children act however they are allowed to act. The children in my care were never allowed to disrespect each other and I watched them very carefully. Then the parents would come and it was total chaos.Throwing toys, swearing, running like wild animals.All I had to do was remind them they were at my house and it all stopped...until they got in the van. Parents step up and take responsibility!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2010