33 wks, my back goes out if I lean forward...?

I've NEVER had this happen. It's my 3rd pregnancy and yesterday I was sitting out on our porch with my dd (3). I was leaning forward supporting myself with my arms on my knees. When I went to sit up straight I couldn't...my back had gone out...and I couldn't even walk once I managed to get up from the step. I forced myself to move in horrible pain in my lower spine. Last night it happened again at the computer...same situation, but this time I was supporting myself on the computer desk with my arm....
Should I see a chiropractor? Could the baby be putting my back out?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it could be a positional fault with you lumbar vertebrae due to the weight of the baby pulling the attached structures forward.... I'd go to Physical Therapy for some manual therapy and strengthening exercises.

Anonymous

• What do you mean by "my back had gone out"??? Is the pain local to your back?? At what level? does the pain radiate down your legs?? Yes it's possible for the extra weight on the front of you to pull your spine out of alignment, it's also possible for the weight of the baby to cause a bulging disc... which is more likely the cause b/c you say that the pain came when you are leaning forward.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't know exactly what happens, but it's like everytime I lean forward for a period of time, even picking things up off the floor, when I come back it's the spine that hurts, right in the middle at the lowest point of my back. :/ all I know is that it is horrible pain that affects my walking!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• yes, see a chiropractor and yes it could be from the baby.
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010