What about the victims of the oil spill??

Saw this on another website:

where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits
with celebrities & musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor
fisherman,wildlife, beaches, loss of income & sabotaged gulf
economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own
...government) are so quick to help other countries... but sit
on their rears for this one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree! Why are they so slow to react when it comes to disasters in our own country. Just because it was a man-made disaster doesn't mean the victims of it don't deserve the help.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well I don't know why they haven't, however I will say this. Many many famous people have put together things for this country. I do agree though!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• BP is giving out money left and right to the people affected. I'm not worried that the celebs don't want to give to theis cause because they are not worth my time. The fact is we need to stop expecting someone to keep coming to our rescue every time anything happens. BP is doing whats right and making those affected whole. There is no reason anyone else needs to be begging for these people. They are being helped. Why do you want these people to help them more? Just because they have done it before? Because they are rich? If they were not getting any help from anyone I can see the country coming together as we usually do but these people are being paid for whatever they say they are owed. Not a single claim made has not been paid yet.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• chain e-mail

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• We helped out the most for 9/11 and that was THIS country.

The need in HAITI was more catastrophic and immediate than that in the gulf. Which will have a more gradual effect. Animals are dying but currently thousands of people  aren't dead in rubble in the street with the living roaming with no food or water. BP is responsible for this accident and they need to foek over the $$$$

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Seems like such a shame that the Gulf Coast is still devastated in some parts due to Katrina, and now this. Those poor folks can't get a break. Katrina took their homes and possessions, now BP has taken the livelihood of so many.  There are already too many Americans w/o jobs, so its just tragic that this incident has stripped thousands more of their jobs.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Where's Kanye saying "Barack Obama doesn't care about black people"? What about the fishermen? That's how they make their living. Even those who survived the explosion. Obviously it's going to be quite some time before things get up and running again, if they ever do. That was their livelihood. BP may pay them for awhile but eventually if that rig isn't revived they may be permanently out of work.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2010