Again with my sister.

Ok i posting not long ago my Sis is Bi-polor and Schizophrenia . My mom was not telling her what was wrong with her....
Anyways...
Well my sister has been staying home alone. Yes my dad is there at night but she is there all day w.o any there. She is also not taking her meds like is is supose to because she cant swollow pills nor can she crush them. Well my mom left her phone at home so if something happened to my sis she has no way getting ahold of my mom!!!! Yesterday on facebook she said she wanted to kill her shelf and no one would care etc.

I raied my brothers because my mom worked night... she dont work so there is no excuse for her to be alone.

My question is how easy would it be for me to get custody of my sister?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think all threats of suicide should be taken seriously. Even ones on Facebook.

I don't know about where you live, but here it is very easy to get guardianship. You just print out the papers from the state website. Your mom would sign, you would sign, and since your sister is 14 she would sign. Then you go in front of a judge. If your mom or your sister would fight it though, you would need a lawyer and you would have to prove cause.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 3:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Not sure, but usually people that are serious about killing themselves don't post it on facebook or even talk about it. They might mention it to a close relative or friend, but they don't do it on mass levels. That's a cry for attention.
    Anonymous

• she is also not on her meds... also she is alone with those two illness she could very well hurt her self or someone else w.o fully understand how or when she did it.
    Idk why i posted it anys.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• that is the only way she could tell anyone too because no one is there.
    mama2twins07

• Hmmm. Have you talked to your mom about this? I understand your concern and it is dangerous leaving her alone without a way to contact anyone, and without her being on her meds. She is a danger to herself or others that's for sure. And your mom is being neglectful of the seriousness of her condition.
    Anonymous

• I hate to say this but a stint in the hospital might help her get stable. I had to put a friend in the hospital because her bi-polar was completely out of control and she had a psychotic break from reality at my house. She was in for a few months but it helped her get a little more stable. Also ANY mention of suicide should be paid attention to, no matter where the mention is especially from some one with so many problems. You can get her in the hospital just by her mention of wanting to commit suicide.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am not sure about custody,, but you could have her commited for a 48-72 hour period involuntary, because she is threatining to harm herself,, at 17 she is old enough to be informed of her condition,,,,assuming she has the proper diagnosis. I think you need to take her to the hospital and go from there,, so sorry1
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• she is 14

Its not her fault she is not taking her meds.

my mom dont think there is anything to worrie about. She was not there for us how do i expect her to be there for my sister. She has no one at least my brothers had me. My mom told me when she found out my sister had these issues she pawned her off on me for 3 days. I was happy to l love having my sister here.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010