anyone on here a secret shopper? i'm looking into it...

I'm looking into it on secretconsumer.com, and i'm supposed to pay $19.95 to start out...i'm wondering if it's ligit? or if you went through another site that is free/cheaper and ligit? is it worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• i had a friend who did it, and they ended up being sued and having to pay all the money back. be careful!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I did it once. It was fun. I got to stake out the service at a Hollywood Video and I got paid ten bucks for it. It was the only one I ever did though. I still get offers sometimes. i've also been part of a focus group where I listened to music and basically just checked off if I had heard it before or not. Got paid fifty bucks.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I did it a few times... It was a huge pain in the butt!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It's fun when they find out you're a secret shopper because they suck up big time. lol Atleast that's what i learned in the training class.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I work for a major company that is doing away with the program as it is too costly. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I have been doing it for 3 years, I love it! companies seel me out because of the quality reports i produce.

Dont pay $19.95 THATS A RIP OFF! This is the site i get my jobs through Mystery shopping training free, you should have employers contacting you as soson as you finish your training.

DONT PAY FOR ANYTHING! Just get your training done, then schedulers will start requesting you. If you need help contact me.

contact@homecareersuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You can actually start your own service.  Here is an article I wrote about how I did it.

How to Start Your Own Mystery Shopping Service

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I tried to be a mystery shopper, but it wasn't worth my time. It seemed too time consuming for such little pay. I also wanted to let you know that I never paid to get started. I wouldn't pay that fee if I were you. Look on the BBB to see if you can find some legitimate ones. I work from home, and I love it! Visit my website if you'd like to know more. www.OurCEOMom.com

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You should not pay to work for someone.

I did it for a while; it was only worth my time if I could do two or three together.

You can find a listing of legitimate mystery shopping companies here: http://www.freelancebyu.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• A friend of mine tried and she was charged $500 so be careful of sending them any info that they can use to bill you with. Here is what I do to make money at home.

What are you looking for in a home business?

To set your own hours?
    To have more time with your family?
    To get paid well for your own hard work without any office politics?
    To have an ethical partnership with a supportive network of moms?
    To have a deeper meaning and sense of purpose about your work—like helping the environment? Helping others?
    To have financial peace of mind?
    We at FourPointMoms are independent home business owners who have partnered together in mutual respect for the purpose of mentoring others and developing home business leaders.

We have teamed up with a reputable partner company with a solid track record of success. Your best source for detailed information on our team is our national conference call. Just Request M
    MarieEvelyn

Answer by MarieEvelyn at 6:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010