Does your toddler have a million melt downs throughout the day??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My daughter never really had tantrums, but then along came my son and I learned the true meaning of 'tantrum' lol. There was a long period of time that he was very very difficult, several tantrums a day. It was pretty bad for quite some time, I thought I'd seriously sell him for cheap....I got really consistent when he'd start melting down by saying in a calm and quiet voice... "calm down, we don't scream, use your words, what's the matter?" or identifying what the problem was when I knew he couldn't say it, like "I know you're upset that your sister won't play with you...." kind of thing. That often diffused the situation. If it was an all out scream fest, I'd put him in his room on his bed and tell him that he could come out when he calmed down. Its always just screaming and crying, he doesn't hurt himself or things so I know he's safe in there. It took a long time, but all of a sudden ... cont...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I realized that the tantrums were much much less.... he's a little over 3 now and getting better and better, TG. Just a couple a week at this point. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• YES!!!! I love my DD but somedays I can not wait for 8 PM to come. Yerterday she was up my but all day being a pain(I didn't feel well also) and than she woke up at 10 PM and would not go back to sleep. I know it's a phase and you should know that too. They do it(some don't eff you to those parents JK) but mine is one who will have a meltdown over NOTHING!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes he does - he's 2-1/2 and very strong willed. He will test daily - and mostly MOM!~ so I get to be the lucky one for most of them. I decided I would rather fight them now with him than wait til later - I am trying to be stern and strict and its back firing because that isn't my nature so its a battle for both of us.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

•  My daughter doesn't have autism. There for no melt downs from her, but she dose have temper tantrums all the time. I let her throw them and ask her if she's done yet. She says no, I tell her okay let me know when you are done then. If she says yes I ask her what her issue was that upset her that much. She does have her bad days though. Where she wakes up in a horridlittle mood and is like that all day long. That is what time out was invented for.lol!!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010