Are you going to vacation in the Gulf Coast?

I am watching news shows who are still encouraging families to come down and swim and vacation in these oil filled waters and where these tar balls are washing up and all these dispersants are flowing.....and yet saying it is okay to come on down. It is a lie and they just want to keep getting money. It enrages me because only when someone dies will they will say well we made a mistake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Too bad the animals can't just get up and leave.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No way! They were saying not to worry they are picking up the globs on the beach. Gross!
    Anonymous

• Are they fucking crazy?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i know. it's sick really.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The only reason I would go down there is to help clean up, since BP seems to love sitting on their ass and are doing a FINE JOB at not getting it done.
    GinNTonic

• I am still going to Florida in a week. We planned this trip a year ago and I am not going to cancel it. We are going to go to Walt Disney World and if there is tar balls on the beach then we just wont go to the beach. We can do a extra day of Disney World instead. It wont change my plans.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 12:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• We are going to Orange Beach next month. We are probably going to have to stay on our condo the whole time using the pool. oh well, better than nothing
    Anonymous

• Of course they still want tourists to come down. They need money. That state is screwed!
    Anonymous

• For petes sake, what you are doing is spreading lies. Of course they are not telling anyone to come down and swim in the oil . How stupid is that? You don't even say who is saying this or where they are talking about. The only ones I hear saying come see us are from Miss and FL and there is no oil on their shores or in the water anywhere close to them. They have the media to thank for the misinformation and the gullible public to spread the misinformation. People are so crazy. It amazes me how little the public knows and yet they feel free to spew misinformation so freely.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It is not a lie.. It was on the news this morning and on dateline the other night. They are telling people to come to Florida even though they are cleaning globs of oil off the beach. They are saying it's a safe amount and nothing to worry about.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010