Should we have another baby?

My husband and I both work and we have 2 girls right now ages 2 and 7. The 7 year old was planned but after her my husband really didn't want another baby. I waited and waited hoping he would change his mind and I was finally able to talk him into our 2nd one, yay! The thing is now that we have 2, I really want 3! He was deadset on no more babies, and I do have a hard time getting him to help me with the 2 we have but I can't fight this feeling that I want another baby. Sometimes when we talk about it he gets the "OK I guess attitude" and I get all excited about trying and then he changes his mind. He says our finances are not good enough right now, but sometimes I just don't care! It's like this urge I have to have another baby and it makes me resent him that he won't give in!

What can I do to get him to say yes to another baby for me!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dh said no more after two. we had two boys, and i still wanted to try for a girl. we used the pull out method, so everything was up to him. we had condoms too, but those were up to him as well. dh is not very good with birth control, we now have 5 kids!
    so maybe if you left the bc up to him...
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Ignore anon 1:21.

Quite frankly, you CANNOT make him get on board. Either he is or is not, and can only make the change ON HIS OWN. Anything less than that and he will resent you and that child.

There's a great line by Sheryl Crow: It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.

Think about concentrating on wanting what you HAVE. It has a tendency to quell baby hunger. And so does reading about all the sleepless nights, bursting breasts and stupid peds. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2010