Hey mom's I know it's seems like fixing summer meals and snacks for the tweens/ toddler.....

should be a no brain-er , but I am getting so bored with cereal, waffles for breakfast. Peanut butter and jelly and ham, turkey, cheese sandwiches, hot dogs and hamburgers, turkey dogs. , popcorn, pretzels, carrots (instead of chips)for lunch. Fresh fruit apples, oranges, or Popsicle's, for snack. Any easy to prepare, healthy, food item ideas for summer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i love making quinoa salads. the kids don't like it, but dh and i do! our favorite is quinoa, diced tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, black beans lime zest and lime juice.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Have lots of tortillas on hand! Breakfast burritos and tortilla wraps for lunches! My kids also love to eat blueberry, strawberry, banana, or chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Yogurt mixed with fresh fruit and a handful of granola makes a refreshing breakfast, as would a variety of smoothies paired with a homemade muffin. Make up a variety of pasta or bean salads for lunches. As for snacks, make homemade pudding pops, keep veggies & dip handy, make hard boiled eggs, offer celery spread w/peanut butter (or cream cheese) topped with raisins or sunflower seeds, fruit slushes, frozen fruit chunks, homemade trail mix.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Avocado salad
    lentil tacos
    quinoa and black bean salad
    hummus with veggies and pita chips

That's all I can think of off the top of my head; send me a message if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2010