I am paranoid...

Ever since my son had a febrile seizure I am so paranoid that my kids are going to have something serious happen to them. I try to stay calm and I can't. I have an 18 month old and a 2 month old. I don't live by family & I'm just scared something will happen and I won't know how to help them. My fear is that I am going to find them blue or having serious breathing problems. Every little thing is scaring me and if my son even moves weird my heart sinks and I think he will have a seizure. I can't even sleep I stay up all night watching my baby sleep and checking on my toddler.
Any advice on how I can calm down and stop being so paranoid??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ok a seizure from a fever is not all that uncommon. You need to calm DOWN! Concentrate on what you CAN control, not what you can't. You CANNOT control whether or not your child will have another one. You can stay in touch with your pediatrician, keep them safe in all the ways mommys do etc. Don't waste your life freaking out over every little thing. Not fair to you or your children.
    You had a scare..it is understandable that you are freaked out...but it is not normal to let this experience control the rest of your life. Do you want to enjoy life with your kids or spend it all worrying about what might happen? Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Go take an infant CPR and First Aid class. And then try to relax. If you're really not sleeping talk to your doctor about maybe going on an anti-anxiety med, or anti-depressant. Also, get a therapist. It'll help.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010