Is this really called bed rest if you have two other small children to take care of at home?

Sweetheart08

Asked by Sweetheart08 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um, yeah when you are mom. Nothing you can do about that... they are yours... ENJOY!

Anonymous

• yea this happened to me, but there is nothing you can do. Just try to take it easy when you can.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I literally laughed in my doctors face when she told me I needed to go on bed rest with my third pregnancy. I had to make some serious changes in how our days went. I reached out to family and friends to help out as much as they could. For the most part of the day i found things to do with my kids that involved sitting or laying down. It is possible just really hard. Good Luck and Congrats!!

Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Unless you are pregnant with your 1st, there is no way to have true bed rest... You can't stay off your feet like you should and still care for your other babies... Do you have anyfamily or friends willing to help you? Take care and congrats...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• we had a part time baby sitter when i was pregnant with twins. i had snacks pre portioned in the fridge and in a drawer in the kitchen, so the kids could help themselves. our second child was a preemie, and we did all we could to prevent that form happening again. if you think taking care of little ones is hard, try taking care of your little ones while you have a baby in the nicu. it is sooooo hard.
    congratulations and good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Unless you have help come in and take care of you and the kids, No it isn't really bed rest! good luck!
    Anonymous

• If my doctors ever wanted me to be on bed rest they would have to admit me to the hospital because I'm on my own at home. There is no one to help me with my other kids. I rarely get to sit for more then a few minutes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010