What would be a reasonable price to babysit a 2.5 year old boy full time min-fri ?

I'm a first timer in child care but i am a mother of 1 . Snacks and lunch included what do u think a reasonable price would be ? Thanks!

Mommy2Layla08

Asked by Mommy2Layla08 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It really depends on your area. In this area it would be reasonable to ask for 130-150/week.
    Anonymous

• Are you licensed, CPR certified, fingerprinted, etc?

If not i'd say $75 a week for 40 hours

If so i'd say $100-125 a week for 40 hours

IMO
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think I would charge $100 a week, as long as I'm not providing the food. And It's in my home. If I provide the food and snacks it would be about $130 or $140...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It TOTALLY depends on your area and what is the average THERE .... but the average in the US seems to be around $125/week for a home daycare, $150-200/wk for a center, and $10/hour for a nanny to come to YOUR home.
    Anonymous

• I would say between 100-145 a week.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My daughters' provider will be charging $20/day/child. She is certified and providing lunch. We're allowed to keep the girls in her care for up to 9 hours/day (but on a set schedule). We'll only be using 7 hours most of the time, but I still don't mind paying that.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Where I live licensed centers charge from $95 to $150 per week, and in-home providers charge from $85 to $140 per week. Check ads for centers and in-home providers in your area and use that as a guide to determine what is reasonable in your area. If rates are not provided in ads, then call a few and ask their rates and what is included.
    Anonymous

• Are you asking because you want to BECOME a child care provider? Or are you asking because your little guy is going to go in to daycare for the first time?? My provider charges by the hour & doesn't have any minimum's. (I'm extremely lucky to that extent around here!!!) She charges $1.79 for 1 child, $1 extra per child after that. If you're planning on putting your son into daycare, I would contact your states dept of social services office & ask them for a list of registered providers - call a bunch of those & get the best rate. Meet with them, get to know them - pick the best one you like for your child. If you're becoming a provider, contact the DSS to find out what the average charge is in your area. I would suggest going a little lower than the average to stay competitive. Think about getting registered to attract more "customers"!
    Good luck!!
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think when I provided childcare in my house that I charged about $14o for that age, full time per week, That is with snacks and lunch provided.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• In SE WIsconsin, it would be anywhere between $100-200 a week, depending on the person. If the rate is too good to be true, then stay away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010