Napping Problems... HELP!

HELP!! Emlyn needs 3 naps a day, but it seems nearly impossible with my screaming, emotional, tantrum-throwing 19 month old! I need advice from mothers who have been there. How do you put a 3 month old down for naps without neglecting the other child?? Thanks!

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she have a specific routine? Feed her, burp her, put her down? Etc?
    I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old, and she can pretty much sleep wherever, no matter what's going on. If she's tired, she's gone. So, what I usually do, is I put her down for a quick nap in her swing in the living room, where my son also has access to me.
    You can put her down for a nap when your LO is distracted. While they're playing, eating, stuff like that.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• lol my 5 year old is constantly waking up my 6 month old. he has only been out of school a week and boring and intent on driving me nuts! so, save for quick naps on the breast, my 6 month old hasnt been napping. i am hoping that will change after he is used to the commotion my son causes.
    SO.. my question is.. was there a change in your routine that could be causing it... also you could try noise... like the fan in the bathroom or a noise machine.. works like a charm for my neighbor
    Jessand2boys

Answer by Jessand2boys at 1:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• She really like to suck, but won't take a pacifier. I just don't know how to keep her asleep. She is the lightest sleeping baby I have every seen!! lol. Anyway, my son likes to squeal a lot, so it makes things difficult. My daughter (the 3-month-old) sleeps in the bedroom where our dryer is, so she's used to some noise, it's the sudden, unexpected noises that wake her.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Wear her in a wrap or sling. She'll sleep. Babies often sleep longer and better in the proximity of adults an activity (even loud noise) and will wake to the same or quiter noises if left alone in a room. It's a safety mechanism. My baby, when I wear her (or at that age sometimes in a infant chair), has fallen asleep with the vacuum going and even with lawn mowers outside.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• When my LO was that age she took most of her naps in the moby wrap. That was the only way i could keep up with her 2 older brothers. She also napped in her swing in the living room.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My son sleeps w/ a fan to drown out household noises.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2010