Im just wondering????

How long did u wait till u took ur newborn out in public?
The nurse here told me to wait 3-4 months! How can she expect me to not go anywhere for that long. If I have to go to the store or something, i have no one to watch the baby inless SO is home and he is usually the one to take me.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did not wait that long. maybe a month. just kept her in her carrier and put a blanket over the top.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I waited 2 weeks, I think...or maybe 4. NOT 3-4 months. Maybe she meant to say weeks instead.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Mine were all back out within a couple of days - primarily due to being jaundiced after going home, and having to go back to the hospital every 1-2 days for blood draws. If I needed anything while I was out, I'd stop and pick it up - since we lived 20 miles away in another town, it didn't make sense to go back later if I was already gone once that day. One was born 2 days before a holiday, so we went from the hospital to a family member's home for dinner (there were about 14 people there, my kids were the only kids under 10). I saw no reason to wait, I kept them shielded and/or covered up so no one could get all touchy-feely with them.
    Anonymous

• I took both my kids out at 2 wks.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• is your baby sick? does she have an immune disorder? a breast fed baby gets antibodies from mom, so there should be no need to isolate yourself for that long, unless she is not healthy. i take my kids out as soon as i am feeling up to it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• we drove all the way to virginia when he was 3 weeks old. didnt want to, but he made it and he is fine. he is 6 months now
    Jessand2boys

Answer by Jessand2boys at 1:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• He is not sick at all, he was Jaundiced but they didnt say anything about it anymore and he looks fine now.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• That is crazy. As soon as I was ready to get up and around again, I brought my baby out with me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• 5 days.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• 4 days. Well, she was born early Friday morning and early Monday morning we were out and about.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010