8 month old peeing through his diaper

So my 8 month old is in a size three diaper. during the day he doesn't really ever have leaks but over night, its really bad.

most nights he wont pee at all until he wakes up in the morning, and when he does, it soaks the diaper and him. he will literally wake up totall dry and ten minutes later, soaked. so its not because i'm leaving him in a wet diaper.

i decided to try size four diapers to see if it was because the diaper wasn't able to hold all the pee, but the same thing is happening and the whole diaper isn't even getting wet, its still leaking.

i'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is a solution.
has anyone tried those over night dipers? are they expensive, do they work!?

thankss

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If only the front is getting wet, make sure you're pointing him down when you diaper him at night - it made a huge difference with my son! If I didn't pay attention and he was pointing up or to the side he'd be soaked, if it pointed down, he'd be good. I never tried the overnight diapers - I just went up a size. Luvs were also the only brand he never ever leaked out of - even if he was pointed up!
    Anonymous

• Put him on a potty after he wakes up in the morning.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• What brand are you using, I agree with first poster my kids leaked through every diaper except luvs...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• We buy luvs and have no problems. I would try them next time. :) If going up a size doesn't work and pointing him down doesn't work, that is.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 5:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I use Pampers overnights at night for my dtr. She sleeps on avg 10 hours in a row at night and will leak through her regular diapers. I use Babies R Us brand during the day, since I change her so often when she's awake.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 10:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• When my son did that i knew it was time to move him up a size.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• thanks everyone!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2010