A real family don't have things that are not suppost to talk about?

well. my family have many things my dad told me that they are not suppost to talk about..
so a friend told me that a family should never ever have things that are not suppost to talk about..
Those things my dad told me that we are not suppost to talk about, most are bad things... but every family have dark sides to right?
every family have secrets to?
Is that wrong to have things that are not suppost to talk about them?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 1:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you not supposed to talk about these things with others or your family too? And no, not every family has a dark side.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I guess it depends on the comfort level. It might be uncomfortable, and maybe your dad was avoiding that? And maybe it wasn't age appropriate, I don't know.
    In our family, pretty much anything goes. We discuss random things.. and if my kids ever had a question about something, I wouldn't want them to feel like they couldn't ask me because it's "off limits"
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• well those things, my dad told me that are not suppost to talk about with any one, not even in our family.
    betinha

Answer by betinha at 1:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yeah, I have to agree with your friend on that then. Yes, most families have secrets but you should be able to talk about it inside the family.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If someone is abusing you, they will tell you that you can't tell anyone so they dont get caught. I think that you need to look at the reason WHY you can't tell anyone. Is it out of embarrassment or out of fear? WHY cant you tell?
    Chances are, the person telling you to be silent knows that what he is doing is wrong, and he doesnt want you to tell anyone so he doesnt get caught......Not every family has secrets, but all abusive families tell the kids not to tell anyone!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• but they are bad things, that my mom knew them, but she never told me anything... not even to tell me it wasn't my fault for these things to happen
    betinha

Answer by betinha at 1:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Could you tell us what these things are? Maybe we can help?
    Anonymous

• i can't tell anyone, because those things are embarressed to talk about them, i'm alwyas scare when i think about them. i never like anything that has happened, but it make me feel like every dad do it. and every girl or boy have those things in there life to.
    i don't talk about them because they hurt just to talk about them, it hurt me because i think that he done it because he didn't like me, and if i don't talk about them, i can't pretend that anything has happened
    betinha

Answer by betinha at 1:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• MOst of those things is about me and my dad, but i never think about them like abuse, because he never hurt any part of my body..... i can't tell exactly what has happen,,. i don't think i can... and they are not suppost to talk about!
    betinha

Answer by betinha at 1:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Abuse does not always physically hurt!
    There can be emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and innapropriate touching ....none of these hurt your body, but they still cause you damage to your spirit!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010