red crayon in the washer....

My husband tried to do a load of laundry -- mostly of the kids NEW clothes .... he didnt check the posckets ( which my daughter now has a habit of keeping things in her pockets - especially her crayons) .... well after he washed, and dried and brought them up for me to fold .... I noticed the red marks on EVERYTHING .....

PLEASE tell me there is a way to get it out of the clothing !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sorry,I highly doubt it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Lol, I just washed a blue one this weekend! Luckily it was in my whites and it bleached out. I don't think you can get it out of colors. Try the tide stick thing maybe?
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I just gogled it and everyone seems to think that OxyClean does the best job. GL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• This has happned to me before. As far as the colored clothes go, there's not much you can do. BUT you can save your whites. Put them in a load by themselves. Wash in HOT water and bleach (no laundry detergent). Do this twice if you have to (do NOT dry in between washes).

That worked for me. The colored clothes are now what they use to play in :(
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• lol we had the oxyclean in with it when it happened..... but thank, maybe if I put in alot of extra it will work
    Anonymous

• Use hairspray. My mom and dad had blue stuck on their dryer and it got on many loads before we figured out the problem. Spray it with hairspray and use a small brush to scrub it out. We used an old toothbrush. It worked great. This works on ink too.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010