how did your dog act?

when we brought our new baby home, our dog didn't seem nearly as interested as i thought. he sort of acted like he didn't care one way or the other. but he always leaves the room any time the baby makes a noise. mostly he has been laying in our bed all day long, and sleeping on the sofa at night, which is his usual

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sadie, my golden retriever, acted happy, and Repunzel (the dog in the photo) just seems concerned everytime he cries.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 1:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Ours was very nervous. Everytime my baby would make a noise he would whine and want to see. He would pace the floor right by me. I never left him in the same room together. Now 1 year later my LO crawls all over him and he could care less.
    Anonymous

• my dog got really overprotevtive as soon as we came home. He slept next to the bassinet and wouldn't let anyone come close without growling unless it was my husband and I. He is not like that anymore though.
    Peytonsmommy375

Answer by Peytonsmommy375 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• our boxer was very interested and would start whining when the baby would cry. It was darn cute! he wanted to lick my babies :) all the time. i wasn't scared that he would do anything, he loved them.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i got 4 dogs, and two of the black labs absolutly love my son, and the other female could care less.. and are rat terrier pup loves him too..
    BlakesMomma0907

Answer by BlakesMomma0907 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• my Husky loves babies!! He does get a little needy for attention at times but he just tries to lick her all the time. At first I think he was afraid of her but now after 5 months they love each other  :)

Ms.Lake

Answer by Ms.Lake at 9:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2010