Need to vent and wonder what you think.

So this Mama I use to hang out with over two years ago. Well two years ago. Her SIL moved into town and then she never wanted to do anything with me. Well know that her SIL has moved she wants to hang out all the time.

I have a couple of times but find I am so upset with the fact that she ignored me for two years. She also knows that and said sorry. Well I also found out that when she is a friend with someone. That is the only person she wants to hang out with and will push the other person to the side.

So every week she will ask me if I can hang out and what my schedule for work is. Well I watch a little boy in my home. She keeps saying will I can come to your house when he is there. I have explained I am working and don't feel it is right for that. She says "Oh it will be ok we are just coming to play"

It is wrong for me to feel it is wrong to not have her here when I am working?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• absolutely. sounds as if u r her second choice for a friend and i would look elsewhere to find someone who has more in common with yr values. i wouldnt b happy if i employed someone to watch my child and they had a friend over at the same time especially without me being aware of it. if i was asked i would say no. she isnt a friend she is using u when it suits her. im sure u can do better. good luck!
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• She's not a real friend. Real friends don't push you aside when someone better comes along. It really isn't right of her to treat you like that. As well, it's not right for her to try and weasle her way into coming over while you're working.I know that as a mother I wouldn't want my babysitter's friends coming over while they were watching my kids. Especially if I didn't know or didn't like their friend. You are working, so whether it's in an office or at home you should keep your personal life seperate. Aside from taking care of your own family of course.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Doesn't sound like a good friend though. If you wanna be friends with her that's up to you...
    It's weird though, sounds like she is clingy... I don't know. Like she needs the attention from one person at a time.. then moves on to the next, odd. It's okay to feel the way you do, I would feel the same way. I wouldn't want her there when you're working, but that's your choice.
    Hum, well I hope things work out for you!
    Marshallsmom422

Answer by Marshallsmom422 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• "we are just coming over to play" she is probably going to try to dump her kids off on you since she know you are already babysitting someone elses kid. At first it will be..."we are just coming over to play" ...the one day she will be over "playing" and have some fake ass emergency pop up and strand her kids with you because she knows she can take advantage of you. Dont let her
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'd ask how she'd feel if you came to her place of work to hang out, and how much work does she think she'd get done! And the fact she didn't even know your name until her current playmate left town is an indicator she is no friend to you. Find someone who respects you and is a true friend to you!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010