mucus in infant poo

my 1 year old is having alot of BM. lots of poo we have changed her at least 6 times since 10 am- all poo. Well this last one had mucus in it. Is mucus normal in poop of a 1 year old? never dealt with this. her poo is runny, green in color, with just a shade lighter mucus. its causeing a rash because she is pooping so much. any advice would be great.

mabelrose

Asked by mabelrose at 2:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd take her to the doctor, I don't know whether mucous is bad or not but sounds like she has diarrhea and anytime a kid has diarrhea I think it's a good idea to get them checked out. I'd check and see if she has a fever or not also.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• no fever- great appetite. and just happy till she poops cause it hurts the diaper rash. i guess i will call a doc office and see how much they would charge me for an app, because we just lost our insurance- it went up and we couldnt afford it anymore. thanks for the advice. i will look into it.
    mabelrose

Answer by mabelrose at 3:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If she is teething it can cause excess salavia which can make her poop mucusy. Happens to my son.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010