EWWWWWWWWWW!!!! MY DAUGHTER ATE CAT POOP! HELP!

GAG!
Out cat had kittens and they are now 5 weeks old. There is a litter box set up for them but I believe one of them is not quite hip to the idea of using the box yet.
Anyway, I was vacuming the living room and my daughter was playing in the kitchen. I walked in and she stood up and had a funny look on her face and her mouth all twisted up with yellowish brownish stuff oozing down her chin. I said, "Well, what do you have there in your mouth sweetie?" and I came over,opened up her mouth and pulled out what look like a tootsie roll. I was like "what the heck is that?" I was turning it over looking at it when I looked down and seen the kittens then a puddle of pee and then it dawned on me...and I smelled it and it was CAT POOP!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! OMG. My daughter ate cat shit. I'm going to die.Is she going to die? Should I take her to the hospital? I don't know if she swallowed any of it or if I got the entire turd out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly I think your baby will be fine. My DD when she was 8 months old did the same thing. She crawled up the steps by the time I realized she was upstairs she was already at the cat box and she was eating cat poop it is gross, but I think she will be alright. Nothing happened to my DD when she did it. If the cat or kitten has worms or something then I would call. My DD is 2.5 now lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Call your doc.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes, take her to the hospital, a lot of cat feses contains a bacterium known as toxoplasmosis and CAN kill your child (which is why women are not supposed to change kitty litter while pregnant).
    Anonymous

• CALL THE DOCTOR, WOW, THAT WOMAN IS RIGHT, WOMAN ARE SUPPOSE TO STAY AWAY FROM CHANGING KITTY LITTER AND CAT PISS IS LIKE ACID ON FLOORS.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'm sure that some cat feces contains bacteria, etc, but they are new kittens and not feral barn cats. The "your child might die" people are probably over-reacting a bit. Call your pediatrician's office or the ask-a-nurse line or whatever, but really all you will probably need to do is wipe out her mouth and make sure she knows not to do it again. If she gets sick with a fever or vommitting, then you'd need to take her in, but for now she's probably fine. Some kids learn gross lessons the hard way.
    Anonymous