Does it mean the baby won't fit if when I have a contraction the pressure is on my hip bones?

or could it cause problems? I know i'm 1 1/2 cm dialated and shes head down and dropped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your body's getting ready. Your hip bones have to adjust/move to get the baby delivered.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Hun, your body is making way for what is to come, you will be just fine, good luck!!!!

Answer by older at 3:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• There is no such thing as the baby not fitting. There is no such thing as a "too big baby." I wish doctors would stop telling women this.
    Anonymous

• anon 3:19 - my first baby was "too big" They had to break his shoulder bone to get him out because he didn't fit - it's called shoulder dystocia and it's not all that uncommon. It IS possible.

OP - no, in most cases your hip bones will make room to accomodate the baby you're going to have. Braxton Hicks are just preparing you.

Answer by missanc at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I agree with 2blondebabies
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010