Are stretch marks supposed to be ichy?

I have some on my butt and everytime I sit for more then 5 mins (sometimes less) they get so ichy it's almost unbarable, everytime I have to go somewhere I feel like crap cause I dont want to stand up in front of everyone and start iching my butt lol... Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yea its normal, make sure you put on palmers cocoa(sp?) butter lotion or oil. It will help alot! stick with palmers for the itching cause I have tried alot of brands out there.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• yes i've heard its not good to scratch them tough..i don't know if its true it. someone told me it makes them more visable.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I got too many stretch marks to count with my first pregnancy and they itched ridiculously. I believe my doctor told me it's the skin stretching that causes them to feel that way. It helps to drink a lot of water (doesn't that seem like the solution to everything pregnancy related?) and put lotion on them all the time.

Hope it goes away. I know first hand how uncomfortable that can be and it wasn't even on my butt. That seems a lot worse!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Don't scratch! Esp your stomach. You will get them worse!
    Anonymous

• though*...sorry for all that =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Use skin oil
    Anonymous

• Definitely. Cocoa butter and lots of water. It's the most awful awful itch, isn't it?
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 3:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP~ thanks ladies... everyone told me I was going to get stretch marks but I had no idea they would feel like that! ....Things we have to go through for our babies lol
    Anonymous

• Cassidhes Mom YES! lol omg I used to love sitting down to relax, now I have to stand or semi sit to feel comfortable lol
    Anonymous