In this situation, should I quit my job?

I was hired as a full time employee about 7-8 months ago. During this time, most of my paychecks have been late, one of my paychecks bounced, and one time the bank had refused to cash my paycheck because there were NSF in the companies account. A few weeks ago my hours were cut from 40 a week to 15-17 a week. With that, I can pay for my son's summer camps for the week and the rest goes toward gas. I have never quit a job without having something lined up first. However, I have missed 2 job opportunities because of my work. Both times have been because I was called while I was at work and by the time I was able to call back at the end of my shift, they had already called other people for interviews and were no longer interested. This is frustrating! I have a job interview later this week (on a day that I happen to be scheduled to work) Cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Find a new job. Don't give notice until you have one.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You didn't mention anything about another income in your household or not, but if there is, I would say just quit. If they're mad, how do you know your next check won't bounce? Why work for a company when you can't count on being paid?

If there is no other income, I would say hang in there, but if you have savings or something then seriously consider quitting ASAP and hope something else works out.
    Anonymous

• I asked my boss if I could have that day off or trade with someone else. She asked me why and I told her the truth. Now she seems like she is mad at me and I am afraid that I might be fired because of this. Should I quit before I am fired? Or should I just ride it out until I can find another job?

Anonymous

• I would quit so you can focus your time on finding a worthwhile job. I would NEVER stay with a place that paid me late and couldn't fund my check.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My husband has a full time job and he goes to school where he gets the GI Bill. My paycheck goes entirely to pay for extra things, savings, and paying off debt.
    Anonymous

• Quit and don't look back. A job that can't even consistently pay you is not worth it. Go to your interview and don't even worry about the job you have right now.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If you guys can afford you not working for now, then quit. That's insane that they can't pay you on time. Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 15 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010