I just went and applied for Food Stamps and found out THAT your all wrong lol

I was expecting them to tell me what job programs they have and what I need to do.When I asked they looked at me like I was crazy.They said Stay at homes CAN get food stamps.Its Cash assistance and other things that make you need to get a job..not FOODSTAMPS.. Just wanted to clear that for some :) Oh and I live in MD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• It goes to show this site is not a fruitfull of knowledge, good for you!

Answer by older at 3:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It really does vary from state to state, they each have there own set of rules.
    Anonymous

• In OK stay at homes can get FS. Dh and i have been on FS a couple times and ive been a SAHM for yrs.
    Anonymous

• I don't think SAHMs should get food stamps. If you went and got a job or go to school to get a good job, the government wouldn't have to feed your kid(s).
    Blaiden

Answer by Blaiden at 3:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• each state is different for sure.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• thats right if you would have asked me i am a SAHM (who cant work for medical reasons but aint on ssi) who gets food stamps a friend that works has the choice to get he money off her card and use for cash
    Anonymous

Sorry but that is JUST not true ;)
    We cant afford daycare on POST its 800 where i live.The government assistance wont help with on POST care.So If i got a job I would be making us need ALL assistance.cash and daycare.We just need food.hubby will deploy soon and we wont need it because he will be gone and he will be ranking up :)
    Anonymous

• Sorry but that is JUST not true ;)

So you only need it while he's HOME? Get a freaking temp job on a different shift than he works. No day care needed.
    Blaiden

Answer by Blaiden at 3:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• actually if you are post, you may qualify for child care assistance through NACCRRA

click on "military child care"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'm with Blaiden. There are also jobs you can do from your home.
    Anonymous